Yesterday I made some fresh pasta. I use egg yolks and am left with their egg whites when it’s all over. Immediately after finishing the pasta I threw the left over egg yolks into my blender on high speed to whip some air into them until they formed stiff peaks. And with that, mousse was in the making.
Here is the delicious recipe for a very creamy, easy to make cookies n’ cream mousse
Yields: Approximately 4-6 servings
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 oz granulated sugar
- 2 oz. good quality dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- Chop your chocolate into very small pieces and place into a double broiler to melt the chocolate. Constantly stir the chocolate until it is completely melted. Set it aside
- eat the cream in a large bowl over ice. I put my cream into a kitchen aid mixer and beat it on high speed with a freezer pack underneath it. When the cream reaches stiff peaks turn off the blender and set aside
- In a separate small bowl mix together the cinnamon, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla bean powder
- Beat your egg whites with a whisk or mixer until they form stiff peaks.
- Gradually add the sugar and spice mixture to egg whites while continuing to beat them slowly, one teaspoon at a time
- Add the melted chocolate to the cream and gently whisk them together.
- Add in the egg whites and whisk together.
- Set the mixture into the fridge to set for at least 2-3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂