Yields: 1 Bowl
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of water
- 4 tbsp homemade mascarpone creamed cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup apple slices
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of sugar
- In a small or medium sauce pan combine the oats with the water and bring to a low simmer at medium heat. Once you start to see bubbles reduce the heat to medium low and cook your oats for about 5-7 more minutes, stir frequently.
- Cut the apple slices into sixth lengthwise, or so you have many medium size chunks. Toss with 1/2 tsp cinnamon and lemon juice
- Add apples to the oatmeal and cook for one additional minute. Stir to fully incorporate the apples
- Take oatmeal off heat and pour into a bowl. Allow it to sit for about 2-3 minutes to cool slightly.
- Top with mascarpone creamed cheese, the rest of the cinnamon, and honey
- Enjoy 🙂